View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 11:22 AM

Default Re: CPU spikes? NO! ***sigh*** yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Have a look at this thread.

And how much RAM do you have and where are your sessions. More information means more help.

Be sure to do ALL the optimizations.
Hi all. I am off to a gig so I’m gonna have to come back to this tomorrow or something. I have a session coming in on Monday so the heat is on.

I will do all of the optimization’s, that I haven’t done yet, if I have not done them all. I may have. I struggle with reconciling how a system can go from being mostly functional and happy to completely unusable and just a matter of a couple of weeks. A couple weeks ago I was running sessions just fine, with the occasional glitch, but nothing that his stopped me in my tracks. Suddenly, out of nowhere, it goes berserk. This literally (seemingly) came on all by itself. I have not changed anything in the last couple of weeks until the problem got really bad. Anyway, I will keep digging but I can’t stop asking myself that question.
And yes, having done lots and lots of audio design, I know that problems literally do not happen for no reason.

But with all of that, before I dig any deeper or take anymore of anyone’s time, I thought I would post a short clip of the symptom. As you will see, my CPU spikes occasionally but the audio is completely garbled and distorted. I’m just wondering if I’m not chasing the wrong problem. I thought someone could put ears on it and maybe have some insight.

Is there a mechanism here for that, or do I need to do it on YouTube or something? I’m using my phone and I can’t make any sense of what the little icons are trying to tell me.