View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Duo Seemingly Random Loud Bursts of Digital Distortion Independant of

A little more info:
This will happen through headphones directly connected to the FastTrack as well as through the monitors (KRK Rokit 6" with balanced 1/4" cables). The FastTrack Duo is connected via USB 2.0.
This is not an issue of unwanted noise, it is literally the gain blasting to a level that is "off the charts". A simple example (to eliminate recording issues or distortion due to inputs and external equipment); I will turn on the computer and go to Youtube, I will click on the video and it will start playing at a reasonable volume (through headphones or monitors), within an unspecified amount of time (can be minutes or seconds), the gain will instantly be raised to the point that there is complete digital distortion and you feel that you may experience permanent hearing damage as a result as it is that loud. The gain becomes so loud that almost every frequency becomes distorted and you cannot decipher what you are listening to because it is entirely peaked. I apologize that I am not the best at putting this in to words and I am trying to explain it the best that I can.