View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Mbox 2 mini / Imac / Mountain Lion

Hi there!

First of all, it's known that the compatibility grid provided from Avid doesn't mean it won't work, it just mean that they haven't tested nor supported or provided updates to run on those but eventually a lot of people are getting to work outside of that compatibility list.

I'm one of them, running Pro Tools 7.4.2 with Mbox 2 Mini on Mac OSX Snow Leopard since day one.

Now I'm trying to upgrade to Mountain Lion and having some issue we may find the turnarounds for, right?

I upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and at the end of process I was advised that some software were moved to an Incompatible folder and PT was there...

I installed the Mbox 2 Mini drivers for standalone on Mountain Lion and tested the output with iTunes and is running OK. So bbquattro, it should work with the latest drivers even without PT installed, regardless of the software. Sure you got the Mbox_2_Mini_Driver_v90_69596.dmg file?

I've made all the settings for optimize the Mountain Lion system suggested from Avid.

Tried to run PT LE 7.4.2 and incredibly it loads even faster then in Snow Leopard.

Tried to open a session... it says that my External HD FW800 OWC Mercury Elite-Al Pro 1Tb 7200RPM HFS+ GUID is not a Valid Audio Volume (even if it's certified from Avid and it runs fine on Snow Leopard).

Tried Repairing Disk Permissions, removing Avid/Digidesign Database Folders, Pro Tools Preferences, rebooting and... same problem!

Just waiting on my new USB 3.0 HD to arrive and Back Up the content of my OWC so I can re-format (HFS+ or APM) as a last attempt but I'm reluctant to believe that that's the core of the problem... if it works I'll be back here to share.

I confess I have simply no patience for Windows anymore so I would run PT on Snow Leopard untill I get the money to upgrade to 10 or maybe 11 (64 bits maybe?)!

Good luck!
Gus
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
MacOS Mojave 10.14

Pro Tools | First
Mbox 2 Mini
M-Audio Micro USB