View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Mbox 2 mini / Imac / Mountain Lion

Parallels is usually a risk which is specifically why I said to run Windoes from a separate drive / partition and NOT via Parallels.

Don't know what bootcamp is like either.......

I suggest getting a copy of PT8, second hand it will be cheap, then using the free upgrade installer to 8.0.5.

This is likely to work in OSX10.8 - if you're lucky.

Read this:

Quote:
Hi all,
I've just got Pro Tools LE 8.0.5 running successfully on Mountain Lion!
I'm running a late 2008 Unibody Macbook Pro 2.66, but I did a clean install of Mountain Lion on a freshly formatted external 500GB USB Hard Drive to test compatibility with my apps before deciding if I would risk the full upgrade on the laptop.
I installed Pro Tools LE 8.0 first which seemed successful, but Mountain Lion wasn't recognizing the PT hardware (currently an MBox2 Micro but I have an MBox2 as well) so I updated the MBox drivers (labelled drivers for Pro Tools 9) from the didgidesign website.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en379411
This kicked the MBox Micro into life, but Pro Tools LE 8 was quitting at the end of start up.
I then updated to 8.0.5 and its working fine. I've got 5 tracks of audio running with compression, eq and fx. I haven't yet tried recording into pro tools with the Mbox2, but this it is working!!!
I don't know if an upgrade on to of an existing version of OSX would yield the same results, but I'm very surprised and happy its working for me. I hope you guys all have the same success.
I'm so happy I'm using emoticons.
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=325925&page=3

So like I said, if you go for PT8 then the free 8.0.5 update you'll be ok.

PT9 and PT10 are iLok protected and don't come with an interface. You just buy the software. The main bonus is that you get ADC (automatic delay compensation) the downside is that it's expensive.

Get a PT 8 installer and you'll be up and running.