View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:42 AM

Default Mbox 2 mini / iMac / Mountain Lion

Hi there everyone,

5 years ago I bought the Mbox2 Mini with 7.3 LE software. I used it on my Windows XP for PC with no problems.

Recently I had to change to a Mac computer, an Imac with 10.8 OS X Mountain Lion on it.

I thought, I'd buy the Parallels Desktop utility (which allows the Mac to function as Windows XP as well) and run the Protools software from there, but that has proved to be impossible. So I thought since I'm a new Mac user, maybe I'll install the whole thing in Mac and see how it goes.

I installed the software on Mac, and installation was totally succesful, but when I try to run the software, there comes a point where it says hardware could not be found on my computer, so it doesn't recognise the Mbox. I have tried to download all new drivers but still nothing, light won't go on.

Here's the first question:
The Mbox 2 Mini I bought came with a CD for both XP / Mac OSX 10.4 installation. Would it be possible that the actual Mbox (the hardware I mean) only works for PC and not for Mac? I don't remember having to make that choice when I bought it, but maybe you will know if certain Mbox's are to use in PC or Mac only.

Reading the various threads about it, I have seen there's issues with the 10.8 OS I have running on the Imac, but again, I downloaded the drivers that should fix this and no luck.

Hopefully you can help! Thanks everyone for your time and patience.

Jonathan (Barcelona)