Old 01-24-2015, 10:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Latest Avid Pro Audio Blogs

AvidBlogs.com

For official Avid Press Releases, see the Avid Press Room

Q1/Q2 2014 Pro Audio Blog Posts:

Avid Everywhere: Connecting with Our Community on Five Continents
By Lisa Kilborn on June 30, 2014
June 2014 will go down as a whirlwind month spent spreading the word about our Avid Everywhere vision with customers and partners on five continents...Read more

~~~~~

Reflections from Rio: Avid Everywhere in Action at the World Cup
By Louis Hernandez, Jr. on June 30, 2014
We have fanned out around the world to discuss the details of Avid Everywhere with our customers and partners, and listen to their reactions and feedback...Read more

~~~~~~

Industry-Trusted Live Sound Systems with Amazing Sound and Maximum Flexibility on Display at InfoComm 2014 (Photos)
By Derk Hagedorn on June 27, 2014
From direct support of the same professional plug-ins used in top recording studios, to seamless Pro Tools integration and customizable I/O options, Avid is shaping the future of live sound at InfoComm 2014...Read more

~~~~~~

On Tour with Massive Attack—How Did I Get Here and Other Distractions
By Robb Allan on June 17, 2014
This summer I’m taking S3L on tour to mix FOH for my favorite band in the whole world, Massive Attack. I plan on writing about the equipment I use, production rehearsals, building my show file, plug-ins, virtual soundchecks, collaboration…Read more

~~~~~

Behind the Scenes with Charles de Schutter and -M-, Voted Concert of the Year 2014 in France
By Aurélien Pichod on June 16, 2014
At the recent -M- tour stop, Charles took time to give us an in-depth tour of the -M- live show, from how he handles the complex instrumentation and stage setup through his mixing approach and processing choices...Read more

~~~~~

Learn Why Composers and Arrangers Choose Avid Sibelius 7.5
By Andrew Wild on June 11, 2014
Hear from professional composers Anastasia Devana, Patrick Kirst, Mike Lang, Trevor Morris and Jay Terrien and learn how new features in Avid Sibelius 7.5 help them to express, accelerate, and promote their creativity in more ways than ever before...Read more

~~~~~

Avid at InfoComm 2014
By Derk Hagedorn on June 6, 2014
If you’re heading to InfoComm 2014 in Las Vegas, NV (June 18-20), be sure to visit the Avid booth (C11716 – Central Hall, Audio Pavilion) to experience the groundbreaking S3L and other Avid live systems in person...Read more

~~~~~

Powerful New Capabilities for Avid S3L are Coming Soon with VENUE 4.5 and EuControl 3.2 Software Updates
By Al McKinna on May 28, 2014
A major enhancement to the S3L live system is comprised of two key software components—VENUE 4.5 and EuControl 3.2—that deliver a host of powerful new system capabilities. See what’s new...Read more

~~~~~

We’re Getting Bigger Sound Quality in Smaller Venues on Tour with Philip H. Anselmo and The Illegals
By Michael Thompson on May 20, 2014
Although space in the trailer is going to be an issue, I didn’t want to compromise on the sound quality of the live show and really pushed to carry our own FOH console.
Read more

~~~~~

I Got the Call to Monitor Engineer for Enrique Iglesias, Here’s What Happened Next
By Eddie Caipo on May 16, 2014
I knew this would require lots of preparation as well as attention to detail and immediately prepared to request my console of choice. Lucky for me, it’s what they were previously using and made for a much easier transition into the gig...Read more

~~~~~

NAB 2014: PostChat Connects with Media Professionals to Ask: What Inspires You?
By Adam Kranitz on May 15, 2014
PostChat founders Jesse Averna and Tej Babra met up with leading media pros at NAB 2014 to ask a question. What inspires you? See their response in this video...Read more

~~~~~

Notation Software Compared—MakeMusic Finale vs. Avid Sibelius
By Andrew Wild on May 13, 2014
Philip Rothman of NYC Music Services presented a comparison between Sibelius and Finale music notation applications. It may surprise you who comes out the winner...Read more

~~~~~

Making DAW Software Accessible for Blind and Visually Impaired Audio Engineers and Musicians
By Slau Halatyn on May 9, 2014
With each accessibility improvement, Avid is handing us blind Pro Tools users the tools of our trade which has a direct impact on our livelihood and truly makes all the difference in the world...Read more

~~~~~

NUGEN Audio Refreshes Visualizer Audio Analysis Suite with AAX and More
By Jon Schorah on May 8, 2014
Designed for high-end music production professionals, Visualizer provides comprehensive audio analysis for recording, mixing, and mastering in a single plug-in. See what’s new...Read more

~~~~~

Behind the Scenes with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra
By Andrew Wild on May 5, 2014
Acclaimed arranger Dr. Henry Panion, III was recently commissioned to compose a work celebrating the 50th anniversary of the American Civil Rights Movement. Watch this moving story now to discover how he integrated gospel and orchestral music into an uplifting performance…Read more

~~~~~

Become a Leader of Change in the Media Industry—Join the Avid Customer Association
By Keli Callaghan on May 4, 2014
Join the Avid Customer Association and help us guide media professionals through today’s challenges and into the next phase of growth...Read more

~~~~~

Get your Music in Line Quickly and Accurately with the MIDI Editor in Pro Tools
By Andy Hagerman on May 1, 2014
If you’re a music producer working with MIDI and audio together in a single session, here’s a tip that will make lining up MIDI notes and audio events easy...Read more

~~~~~

McDSP Plug-ins Now Go from Studio to Stage with Qualified Support for Avid S3L Systems
By Colin McDowell on April 30, 2014
McDSP has qualified all its AAX DSP plug-ins to operate on the S3L systems, and even added a few improvements to better support the S3 control surface...Read more

~~~~~

Miss Nomers Number—Preparations and Writing
By Brad Kohn on April 29, 2014
I began working with songwriter Peter Evans this year to help him take his music to the next level, with a group of talented musicians, we’re doing just that. See how this project got its start and what’s next...Read more

~~~~~

NAB 2014: Pro Audio and Pro Mixing Recap!
By Tom Graham on April 25, 2014
April and another NAB has come and gone. Take note – this year did not disappoint! In case you missed it, here’s my recap...Read more

~~~~~

Behind the Scenes: Rick Smith from Underworld on Pro Tools and Electronic Music
By Andrew Wild on April 24, 2014
Rick Smith, of legendary British electronic group Underworld, talks about how the technology for electronic music creation has changed over the years...Read more

~~~~~~~
Bruce Paine
Community Administrator
Avid Pro Audio Community