Thread: Digi 002 midi
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Digi 002 midi

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Hmm, PT8 limits things quite a bit. You should look at some reviews on the X-Touch as a ton of people bought them, but suddenly a whole lot were on the second hand market really fast If the 002 does what you need, I would roll with it, but I would consider upgrading your audio with a "better" preamp or two for important channels. The 002 preamps aren't known for much beyond that they work
Hi ,
I agree I'm not enthused with the sound of Digi 002 pres.I have a Behringer T1953 solid state with a blend of tube sound pre and using it puire solid state sounds quite transparent .I also feed the digital out of digi to E-mu ,so I can use its AKM converters which for its price are quite good.
My main issue is that given PT8 limitations ,having also Sonar Pro installed makes things better.Besides the limit on number of track with PT8LE , there are features in Sonar not available in any PT version ,like unlimited inserts or Mix A/B just to name a few .Especially unlimited inserts is great cause I don't care if I need to have for example 3 compressors and 3 EQs on the same strip and mute all except the one I like and be able to compare between them, without worrying getting out of slots to insert something else.For me that's quite flexible,and this feature alone is the reason to use it.

I am a bit undecided on which system to mix on : PT8LE is track limited,. and I think there's no PDC.Sonar doesn't has these limitations but the Digi integration is great.I don't know either about Presonus or the Behringer : but I saw more controls and buttons to push than Presonus

Last edited by sonicapg; 09-17-2017 at 04:05 PM.