View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 08:12 PM

Default mac 10.6.8 and Protools 10.4: fails to install, can anyone help...anyone?

I was gifted with a "new" (refurbished) mac book, circa 2006 series, with 10.6.8 clean installed on it.

I previously had a mac book circa 2006 with 10.6.8 on it, clean installed, that was working fine but the screen failed.

Before that I had Pro tools 7 on the mac book with digi 002, and used it for several years with no problems (but it was gone with the 10.6.8 clean install, and of course is not compatible with that OS anyway)

I also have an HP stand-alone PC from 2013 with windows 8.1 on it.

I inherited a clean, legit, unused copy of a Pro-Tools 8.4 disc. It*will install on the PC* (but the PC has no firewire port for my digi 002).

It will NOT install on EITHER of my laptops, it gets to the part where the data should be installing, then skips to "Third party content," then to "Summary" and I get a message: "The installation failed. The installer can't locate the data it needs to install the software. Check your install media or internet connection and try again, or contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I feel like I'm missing something really, really simple but after scouring the threads found nothing. Any thoughts from anyone on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance!