View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Default Re: No Sound - Mbox 2 - new drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by remis View Post
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. I had a similar issue with my Mbox2 Pro...strangely I found that there was one certain session I needed to open in order to get the sound to engage. I'm not sure whether it had something to do with clock settings or anything now that PT is seperate from the interface...but for me that seemed to work. If I opened that one session I would hear a slight pop as if the mbox had kicked into life, yet if I opened any other session I had the same issue as you...the session would play and the meters were jumpin' but I'd have no sound...I tried asking about this on here to see if DTS or someone from Avid would have any ideas, but got no response.

Hope you find a solution Harry.
Remis thanks, what did you end up doing? Did opening that one session fix the problem for all of your sessions that lost sound?

Also, it seems like the problem is related to the new drivers and not PT 9.0.3. I upgraded again to PT 9.0.3 without upgrading to the new drivers and I don't have the problem. Although, I'm starting to have more -6085 errors now with 9.0.3. I've changed the usb connection to every other usb connection on the computer without success on that one.The clock is still set to internal and the sample rate is 44.1kHz.

I will try upgrading to the new drivers later after I finish some sessions and see what happens. Maybe, that will fix the -6085 errors. If not, it's back to PT 9.0.2 with the old drivers for now.
PT 12, Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 ATX LGA2011 MB,Intel Core i7-3930 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor,Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB GDDR3 PCI-e Video Card, Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Blue 32GB (4x8GB),Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler, Rosewill Stallion Series RD700 700W Power Supply,Western Digital Caviar Black Internal system/session/samples,Windows 7 Professional 64-bit,Mbox2