View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Warning: DD client is not supported on OS X 10.7 Lion

Frank,

I completely understood that. I was merely sharing my experience of working round the lack of a viable client software.

Aspera bought this product to kill it which I think is abhorrent behaviour. It's business though and they provide an alternative product and essentially a captive client base now. Their policy of upgrade or go elsewhere will result in a healthy profit this year I'd imagine.

Good luck finding a suitable replacement for your Digidelivery devices and workflows.

I will say that as of v2 of Aspera Connect server the installation and configuration of the server is vastly improved and that the client install is performed in a very user friendly manner. The speed is vastly superior to Digidelivery and the ability to have data encrypted even after download is appealing but optional.

My only fear is that once people have upgraded their systems that Aspera will decide that Connect is not a viable business model for them and shut it down, expose it as insecure and suggest that people upgrade to their next generation system.

I have high hopes for Gobbler and as soon as they release pricing models and increased data transfer per month (hopefully 50GB is VERY limiting) that it will become much more widely adopted.

Ceri
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor