View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:02 AM

Default Re: 10.5.2 compatibility

File this under "For What It's Worth" ...

I'm running MP 7.4cs2 on a MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa) with an M-Audio 1814. I recently upgraded from Tiger to 10.5.2 without a single issue so far. I haven't had to reinstall anything, run the pre-binding script or upgrade to the M-Audio beta drivers. The only thing I had to do was upgrade my iLok drivers. Here's how my upgrade process went.

I originally had a single partition with Tiger on it. Using iPartition, I split that partition in half (I had the free space to do that) and then used SuperDuper to backup the Tiger partition to the new partition. I like SuperDuper for my backup software because it makes an identical copy AND it can create a bootable partition from your backup. I then had to two identical, bootable Tiger partitions (I wasn't ready to bail on Tiger until I was sure that the Leopard upgrade wasn't going to be a problem for Pro Tools). I set the backup partition as my startup drive, rebooted to it, repaired the disk permissions and then installed Leopard using the upgrade option on the Leopard installation DVD. Once it was done, I had a Tiger partition and a Leopard partition - identical except for the OS. I then ran the Software Update option of Leopard a few times until it finished updating everything and there was nothing more to get.

The first time I ran Pro Tools under 10.5.2 I got a message that the iLok drivers needed to be updated and it gave me a link to the Pace site where that got resolved in a couple of minutes. Once done, I relaunched PT and it ran the first time (and every time so far) without issues. Granted, I'm not using a lot of plug-ins beyond what came with PT but the few I am using seem to be working just fine. I still have my Tiger partition in case some PT problem rears it's head but so far so good.

FWIW.