View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Vienna Ensemble Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmprod View Post
Been reading all these threads as I'm a G5 dual 2.7 owner needing more horsepower as well. Just picked up a 2009 2.26 8 core. VEPRo is set to 1 core/instance on the slave & latency of 2 in Protools. PT is set to 1 processor. I'm not hearing any clicks & pops while recording & playing back midi, but I do hear some when converting midi to audio. Have to switch H/W buffer to 1024 to get rid of it. Is this 'normal'? Is there another setting I should look at?
Another thot I'm considering is installing PT9 on my slave computer & using my NI Kore as an audio/midi interface. I could create all my midi arrangements in that format, bounce down audio & bring into PT 8 for further recording & mixdown. Anyone have experience doing that?
I have the same computer as you do and I have it set to 15 cores when I don't use VEPRO and 9 cores when I use it. (if it is a dual 8 core machine? you have) I don't have any pops and clicks. I have 256 pt samples dly and I've set the PT buffer to large. It works like a charm.
Mac Pro 8 core Nehalem 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 15 GB ram, HD2 Accel, 192 I/O, PT 10, Mac OS 10.6.8. Dedicated internal drives for system and sample libraries. Recording few tracks on a network Synology NAS. More tracks on a Western Digital external FW800 drive. VI's from NI (Komplete 7), Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Vienna, MOTU (BPM), Ivory and a bunch of other plugs.