View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Default Re: *WARNING* Waves IDR whacked!!!!!

Did Greg Aitken write this? No. Avoid all dithering algorithms unless his name appears as an author.

This cheap deal is just a scam to force users to buy an ilok/use an ilok.

(OT) Laptop users cannot use iLoks w/o hubs & third party chipsets. Soon another nightmare is about to crop up (USB-3 mangled code). It took years for Opcode (who rewrote Apple's USB protocol) and Microsoft (who released buggy USB 1.1 code in their gold master W-2000). They were two years behind Apple (I mean Opcode).

Then AVID releases an mBox Pro 3 at 1394a speeds knowing firewire is like SCSI, the slowest common denominator wins? Designed for Apple's 1394(b) macbooks. Duh? Many do not like to lug around a 17in laptop. They are more likely to be dropped or mishandled (solder balls beneath the chips come loose when case is flexed).

Lightstream is finally coming (optical firewire) please work with the 1394 group here and Intel and get a Pro unit ready (that is stable) for recording off house mixers. 64 channels. How many years now?

It will take years to get the bugs out of USB-3 backwards compatible code and the chipset makers to get 'it' right. Dump iLoks now! IMHO.

(end of OT rant)

Maybe if Dave O. wrote the code (Opcode's founder) I'd think about using it. But unless as above; Greg Aitken or Dave O., forget it. 44.1 or 88.2k... is my solution.

Right on Top Jimmy for scoping this out.