View Single Post
Old 10-05-2001, 08:36 AM

Default Kensington trackball stopped working - help!

Hello,

I recently installed my new Kensington Turbo Mouse trackball and it was working fine. I assigned various specific custom functions to the four buttons and it was working beautifully with PTLE.

After the fact, I had unchecked some extensions with the intention of trying to get rid of some PTLE errors. After I unchecked the extensions, the trackball stopped working, but then I rechecked the extensions and the trackball then worked again fine.

Anyhow, after that I installed the Mac iTunes cd burner program from the OS 9.2.1 disk so that I would be able to burn cdrs on my Superdrive. The iTunes program installed fine and works great.

Today I went into PTLE, opened a session, and started running it. The trackball's ball itself works... move the ball and the cursor moves.... so it is working. BUT, the custom button functions do not work. The buttons work, if I click a button, there is a resonse on the screen, but it is not the correct custom response as I had programmed it. I went back into the Kensington trackball set-up program to check on things, and everything looks fine.

I then went back to my extensions folder to take a look, and a message came up that said "MISSING EXTENSION: Installer Cleanup Extension - - INIT dvis"

So... perhaps the absence of this extension is the reason my trackball button functions do not work? Also, why did this extension disappear? Where did it go? How can I get it back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought this Mac and 001 to record music, but instead all I do everyday is troubleshoot and try to fix this whole system... if it's not a PTLE error, it's a bad drive, or a non-working trackball, or something else. I wonder if I will ever get this rig running so that I can just record music. Gee.

-imp