View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:48 PM

Angry Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Hi All

I am an unfortunate PT 9 user. this is first time I am using this software and anything from AVID (and it would be last time as well.)

first of all it objected to interface UA-4FX .... it is under-discussion with AVID support. it did not launch at all.

then I borrowed ZOOM R8 from a friend and now it is opening at last after struggle of 7 days /nights....... reading 100's of pages from internet.....

Now it is not showing any plug-in creative collection isntruments .... I added a track and then in the mix window , tried to find XPAND 2 or boom or anything else ,,,, but nothing is there ..... In the program folders there is a folder called pro tools creative collection and all .big files are present but not working for me.
and now I am reading blogs and joining forums again..... this is What they call "Industry standard software".

I dnt know what industry is thinking about it now.......

but it is a sure fail. it is not at all user friendly , even a freeware like AUDACITY is far easier to learn and stable than Pro Tools ,,,,, they use very beautiful and tempting description to entice you and that is it......I wish I can get rid of it in some way coz I am still unable to even use it after about 7-8 days struggle.

Any help will be highly appreciated.