View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Disappointed with PT 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
It's really shocking after using REAPER for a year... I can't believe the contrast. It's blinding.

I was expecting along with the new(not really) features, stability and bug fixes would come along as well. I'm afraid not.

Anyone else experiencing the disappointments and regrets with upgrading to PT9?
While I totally agree with you regarding Reaper, Dism is 100% correct. And to add to what he said, and I use to do this, some of us quite naturally but unfairly want PT to behave like other DAWs. Kenny Gioia's Groove 3 Reaper tutorial got me up to speed on it. It is truly a model DAW that also handles my virtual instruments with speed and efficiency, almost like working on a text document. I just finished a thread on my VI woes in PT9. Turned out my Sandra is fine, but unlike Reaper PT is only 32bit and on top of that needs a monster CPU to work like I wanna work in it with VI's like Structure. On the flip side, I can't mix without PT and it handles monster mix sessions fine with my Waves bundles. So while I love Reaper, I love PT just as much.

I'd take a wild guess that subconsciously you posted this thread because you really like PT9 and want it to work for you . Your best bet is to submit a Sandra and go from there.