View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 PM

Default plug ins from 7 not working with 8

I have pro tools plug ins on a disc that were given to me by a friend. They all worked fine in my pro tools m powered 7. When i try any of them in 8 they dont show up. plug ins include...waves, antares auto tune, moog, pitch n time, Sound replacer, joe meek .

Any ideas on how to get these to work?

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>

sorry.... I am well aware that using cracked plug ins is a no no. The waves and Auto tune were actually demos given to me from a friend but they will not work with my pro tools 8 most likely because they are older versions. I dont record for profit so I cant justify buying those 2 particular plug ins myself. I do have the Antares avp-1 rack hardware autotune and I also have the melodyne essential that came wit PT8, im sure they will do the trick.

All the other plugins I mentioned (joe meek...moog...pitch n time and more) are plug ins that came with my pro tools 7 but they will not work with 8 even if i use the i lock that came with 7. With both I locks inserted i get the message saying that the plug ins require authorization but can not be found on inserted i lok but it only shows one of my I loks. Is it possible for me to use both i loks? any suggestions would be very very much appreciated ! (Both i loks are installed properly)

Sorry if i offended anyone with my original post.I should have been more detailed with my word selection. I didnt mean to come off as a plug in hacker.

Last edited by smashbox; 03-25-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: more detailed description...please re read!