View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 01:49 AM

Default Re: Waves Central 11.0.55 Hanging PT on Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Not having the exact scenario with PT (no Waves installed on that box), but can't launch Waves Central 11.0.55 here on another Mac. It hangs with the progress bar around half way. Don't have any NVME drives, but have a USB3 external SATA SSD. Didn't think to disconnect that, but will give it a try next time I'm near the Mac. Reported to Waves this afternoon.
Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah these drives are external NVME SSDs. Same thing happening, progress bar gets to about 80% then hangs and freezes. I've messaged Waves, but haven't heard back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
11.0.55 running AOK here and Pro Tools thereafter.

Tried trashing prefs? This seems to fix such issues the majority of the time.

Stephen
Thanks for the feedback. Yip, i've trashed prefs, cache files, and reinstalled etc .. as well as reformatting the SSDs. Something's changed during the latest Waves Central update .. at least for me. I can operate @ 100% without WaveShells in my plugins folder.

I've also noticed in activity monitor there are three processes titled 'wle' which are hung and cycling @ 100% CPU ea. As soon as a quit those processes Waves Central launches, but no activations are detected.

If I roll back to Waves Central 11.0.50 it will launch fine with SSD drives attached, however, Pro Tools will hang on launch when it tries to load WaveShells.

Last edited by TrentWilliams; 02-11-2020 at 02:26 AM.