View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Default Re: CPTK gone in PT11 - Upgrade to PTHD11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstryrwiz View Post
But that's not what's happening. The product is Pro Tools 11+HD features, just as we have Pro Tools 10+CPTK. The upgrade from Pro Tools 10 to Pro Tools 11 is $300, and the upgrade to HD is $300, so combined you have the $600. This is backed up by the fact that Pro Tools 9 users with the CPTK would have to pay a premium to get to Pro Tools HD11 (which I believe Bruce said was $1000). If you break that price down it is just slightly higher than what a user who has stayed up to date would have paid ($300 upgrade from 9 to 10+$300 upgrade from 10 to 11+$300 upgrade to HD), equating to a $100 penalty for not remaining up to date. If what you said was true, it would cost the same to get to Pro Tools HD11 from 9 as it does from 10, but it does not, therefore it would make sense to remove the upgrade cost from those whom already upgraded to 11, just as the upgrade cost for 9 to 10 was removed.

I agree completely that Avid should remove the upgrade cost for those whom already upgraded to 11. However I am not sure it would be practical to fix that discount at $299 for everyone across the board...

If Avid cannot track our upgrade paths and what we paid then I am not sure there is a way to do this that is fair to everyone. Maybe require a copy of the invoice showing what each customer paid for the upgrade to PT11 then use that as the basis for their discount.

Kev