View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Still no solution for Analog Summing delay compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You can still do that using outboard. You would only be listening to the return from the outboard coming back into PT anyways - you wouldn't be listening to both the outboard and return at the same time. Please tell us why you would want to do that - you can hear the changes in the return signal as you make them. The audio doesn't need to sync up. I guess you've never worked with analog tape back in the day.
thanx for your answer musicman691

I worked with analog tape in the 80/90s.
And I work with PT since the late 90s. PT Mix, PT HD and now with PT Ultimate (native) and 2 apollo interfaces.

I dont want to hear the analog summing out and the digital return at the same time.

You dont under stand my point. It is importand that the return to my DAW masterbus is synced, because I have plug ins and synced AUTOMATION on the mix bus and all this should be in grid.

And when the complete analog summing stage is compensated (like a hardware I/O) it would also be possible to play some overdub tracks to the mix with no timing problems.

For me its importand to stay in GRID also on the masterbus.

And the good thing is, I found a solution to do this. I will post this in the next days.

Frank