View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 PM

Default Re: i7 Builds - Specs and Results

Hey Gordon, I was just trying to keep the i7 thread about i7 setups. In any case, since you're here, you need to kind of rethink your setup for a few reasons. First off, do you really need the Mackie or is it there because you haven't figured out how to get by without it? The 003+ should have no problems with the direct inputs from any keyboard by selecting the proper inputs with the front panel buttons(sorry I can't be more exact as I don't have that unit). I run a Motif es8 into inputs 1&2 on my 003 controller so I'm sure it works(somehow). On the other hand, if you do want the Mackie in there, it needs to be patched into line inputs and NOT the XLR mic inputs. Those inputs are designed for mic level signal(really low level) while the Mackie is designed to output +4 line level(which is way too hot for the XLR inputs. The proper cables for the Mackie would be TRS on one end(into the 003+) and XLR-female on the other end(from the Mackie outputs). If the manual for the 003+ doesn't explain the input settings good enough, maybe another user that has one can get you headed in the right direction(all I know so far is that it appears the 003+ input settings revert to some default setting every time it is shut down). Hope you get it sorted out.

BTW, if the 003+ defaults to mic inputs, maybe a cheap direct box(or 2) so the keyboard is patched thru the DI into mic inputs could be a way to save some headaches.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave