View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 Midi Track Volume Not Controlling Plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter rohrbach View Post
Hi jeffro,
thanks for putting it on «Ideascale»……
but: isn't Ideascale a list of ideas and wishes for future releases?

IMHO this broken MIDI-link IS a BUG.

It used to work from when MIDI was implemented till PT11 (and it works in every other DAW in a similar way) and I cannot see any rational reason why AVID took it away……… it's a bug that hugely breaks my intuitive workflow.
I wonder if there isn't more we can do to get get it back working than putting it on a wish list and hoping for the best.
Walter
A very big +1 from me on this.

That's why I've said in other threads that I believe Avid's use of Ideascale to be a flawed process and concept.

It's all very well to have it as a place to log ideas, except the majority of users don't even know it exists! People tend only to go there when prompted by something in a thread that they read here, and only a proportion of those reading a thread here with a link to an Ideascale entry make the effort to click on that link.

To have it as a place to log bugs, given the very limited exposure to Ideascale among Pro Tools users is just odd, and risks prioritisation being unduly distorted.

Once a bug is confirmed, proving that the software is not functioning as intended, that should mean it 100% will get fixed. There is no excuse not to.

So far as prioritsation is concerned, I would prefer Avid to use its knowledge of what the scope and impact of the bug is to wllow it to rank its priority.

By all means Avid, publish a prioritised list of bugs, but allow comment here among users to help you tweak the position of bugs in that list, rather than an obscure voting system that is no more robust.

Especially as there is virtually no evidence to date that voting numbers have had an impact, positive or negative, on the priority given to new ideas or bug fixes.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)