View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 06:34 AM

Default Re: About good Venue development ideas and how they can die in Ideascale

User accounts is a must. There are also quite a few ideas in this post and on the Ideascale that would be very helpful as well. I'm sure the guys at Avid are looking into some of these as we speak. I would like to see more frequent software updates though. I explained the console to my management group before we purchased our SC48 and when asked about if in 2-3 years it would be outdated, I answered with the fact that the Venue consoles are like the smart phones of the digital mixing platform. If ever a new feature comes to fruition, we are sent a software upgrade, and then our desk has that feature, etc. This is a GREAT thing, IF it is done more than once every few years.

I'm sure it is very difficult for Avid to sort through all the "ideas," however, those ideas like user accounts, ipad application, recording more than 18 tracks into PT LE, etc. should be ones that get done rather quickly IMHO. I would be pretty dissapointed if a new software upgrade wasn't made available pretty quickly after the first of the year with some new features that seem to be pretty popular amongst this community. But if its not, I'm still gonna love the "out-of-the-box" greatness that Venue delivers!!