View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 07:26 AM

Default Re: xw8400 w. protools 7.3 HDII still bad

Hi Brandon,

thanks again. As I am new to PCs I understand I might have dome something wrong in the setup. I am NOT using PCIe cards! I have another protools system on a mac pro (hd3 PCIe) which I was referring to before as running fine.

After applying the patch mentioned above the sticky meter issues has been resolved and I will also try the bios update julius suggested. I actually already updated the bios before as one of the possible culprits...

The system runs much better now that I got rid of the HP pre-installations and applied the patch... protools still sometimes crashes especially when - or after - reshuffling dsp resources....

and I can't re-open some seesions... dae error 7401 while allocationg voices, not all tracks were voiced... and I can't save the crashed sessions because "exit command did not complete because an access violation occurred" then I can only force quit protools and I have to restart the PC (why do PCs always need to restart?)

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions... maybe it's my lack of PC knowledge but mac installation seemed a lot less hassle. Anyway, I'll keep trying
Tel: ++44 (0)161 4080937