View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Will Pro Tools 10 be supported in Mavericks?

I too would love ANY word from Avid regarding whether they have ANY intention of EVER making a Mavericks-compatible PT 10 version. Like many, I have the dual PT10/11 license. But I got forced into Mavericks due to a computer upgrade.

I really like 11. However, I have templates with older incompatible plugs (specifically samplers) that I've built up over the last 10 years. I need these for my paid, day-to-day work. And this issue has caused me many headaches.

I get that change is needed. And I am on board with that. I do get the big picture here. However, I've tried contacting Avid through twitter and searched these forums far and wide and there's been nothing but radio silence on this issue since the beginning. Avid has been completely unhelpful and disappointing on this front.

In light of today's 11.1.2 release, it would be incredibly helpful to me (and clearly others here) if Avid could shed at least some light on this question. I don't need to know when. Just a simple 'yes' or 'no' so I can make plans around it. Is that too much to ask?