View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 AM

Default Re: When Louder isn't Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroNEe View Post
Umm, I never cared for the stones, I give them credit for what they offered up in the early days, but I just do not like them. Love lots of bands from that era, some of the best music ever from say '66, 67' until Disco hit....... Lots of good stuff before then as well, but things started to change in the later part of the 60's The Beatles were doing some of there best stuff then, to me anyway. New bands like Floyd and Sabbath, just to name my favorites. Lot of great stuff.

Now I have no Idea what Metallic was thinking with St. Anger and the one after, sounded like crap, guess they had to get over the crying DVD that was so pathetic. No wonder Newstead left..... But if you have not seen the Big Four DVD filmed in Sofia? I think thats how its spelled, but they really redeemed themselves on that DVD, It is killer, the way Metallic is meant to be seen and heard. Best DVD live metal show in years. And I swore I would never forgive them for the garbage they put on those two Cd's, but I feel a level of respect that has been gone since before the Justice days, Love And Justice For All, but it was a huge change in there sound. Puppets, and Ride The Lighting was the pinnacle for me. The solos for that time were unreal, The breakdown of Master Of Puppets, Battery, just brutal, And Orion has to be one of the coolest bass riffs ever! could go on and on.... As sure as I love their older stuff, allot of people on here I am sure have no interest at all for that style and era. I love just about everything that is just good music, Clapton, Steve Miller, CCR, Eagles,The Police, and Sting after that. allot of 80,s stuff was good as well, Flock of seagulls, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, so many great bands, 90's Alice In Chains, Nirvana, I really tried not to like them but it changed everything, can't deny that, Korn, another band that changed things in the 90's, I could take or leave them but they inspired a whole new sound and killed the guitar solo for about 10 years...... Soundgarden, Pantera, COC, Pearl Jam, Radio Head, Black Crows, Counting Crows, love his emotion he puts into his vocals. I will spare everyone of the death metal bands, but there were a few that were/are amazing. Youtube Monstrosity, I am remixing some old stuff for Lee, the drummer, block out the vocals and just watch how effortless he plays the drums, not just fast, but super complex patterns. I have been out of that scene for over 15 years but I still am amazed by a handful of drummers from that era. Have to put Dave Mathews in there, I skipped Pink Floyd, how can that be...... Not as many great bands come to mind in the last decade, there are plenty, but just look how many I missed from the 60's, 70's, 80,s and 90,s could name at least a hundred more great bands, not just good, but great. Music is lacking the greats now, maybe I am just getting older and don't pay as much attention, but I just think music except for the few, is not as good now. everyone turns out a CD a year or so, less time spent righting good songs. Get it on iTunes and make your $.70 cents a song.....
Don't confuse the magazine that was founded by Jann Wenner in 1967 to the band who are from england. Two different things.

As for the article, it's about time that it's been called against by the industry.

Wave-T.com