View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Sample rate setting on hardware gets forced to 44.1 by PT8

Update......

Ok...Its not PT8 that is forcing the sample rate of my FireWire ProjectMix IO to go back to 44.1Khz but something within my Windows environment I'm affraid. Clicking on a link in IE what gives a 'click' sound by Windows is already enough to see the change from 48Khz to 44.1KHz happening.

Weird, this wasn't so when I was still on PT7.4. Now I've been looking around and found the Legacy audio drivers window in Windows where there is an entry for Digi32.dll and one for diomidi.dll. Both not willing to open due missing file message. Looking into the duc forum it might have to do with the upgrade I suspect. Before installing PT8 I uninstalled of course PT 7.4 but did this using Add/Remove Programs in the control panel. I might should have used the Remove utility from digi ? Is this even the cause ? I'm a little lost and any help is much appreciated.

I also looked into the bios and disabled the onboard sound card (HDA) and uninstalled the drivers for that. Funny thing is that all audio is working like it should. Playing CDs, mp3s what ever. Just its always forcing the hardware to switch to 44.1

thanks