View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 02:46 AM

Default Re: Protools LE and the fight of its life?

Well, I started guitar playing when I was 12...long, long time ago....

What I want to say is, that I am a musician, not an engineer! I came to Protools some years ago, because my job and extensive travelling prevented me to play with people, i.e. in a band.
That is rather unfortunate, because for me the best thing that could happen is playing with people, and when there is deep understanding and communication on a musical level, then... while playing all the egos disappear and the song remains. That is for me the best thing that could happen, not sitting behind a computer, which can be a creativity killer depending how it works.

Although I have to say that when I got PT some years ago I was up and running within half an hour and could record. I am grateful that I have PT right now because it is a great tool to capture ideas. I wished it wouldn't be necessary to tend to this "finicky princess" so often!
Well, one danger is that you get sucked into the software-VI-loop-plugin-lala-land. But as I am from the "old school"and play instruments, I still value music more as an art, as communication, as a way to express whatever wants to be expressed.
Music is coming from the heart, NOT from the computer.

PS: My system drive just got shot!! Hours of entertainment! Thanks God for Acronis!