Thread: Time for BeOS
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2000, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Time for BeOS

THIS IS ON EMAGIC'S PAGE:

-Emagic puts development work for BeOS on ice.
April 6th 2000
Following intensive internal discussions about the new direction of the company BE, a decision has been taken by Emagic to indefinitely suspend development work for BeOS.
"This decision gives us the possibility to accelerate our development work for Windows and MacOS," says Chris Adam, Emagic's VP of Research and Development. "In our opinion, focusing our efforts this way is in the best interests of Emagic's international customers."

STEINBERG:

BEOS is changing its strategy, so forget about audio for now. This is from cubase.net site concerning NUENDO...
Following this announcement Steinberg has decided to put the development of Nuendo for BeOS on hold.

Plus Creamware and Nemesys (among others) gave up their BeOs projects.

So the question is..... Should Digi spend their time and money supporting BeOS or Should they spend their time making the MAC products even better ?

In my opinion, stick with the MAC !!!

Pleas, Read also:

:"MENLO PARK, Calif. - January 18, 2000- Be Incorporated (Nasdaq: BEOS) today announced that it is shifting its resources to focus primarily on the growing Internet appliance market."

[Complete text available at http://www.be.com/press/pressrelease...1-18_free.html

------------------
-KIMJAZ-
ps: sorry for my english !!