View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Default Re: crossgrade with only yellow reg.card

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHeylen View Post
Hello,

My Mbox got stolen a few months ago and I was wondering if I still can crossgrade to PT9?

I still have the box and the yellow registration card, there is a serial number on it but I am not 100% sure if it is that what you need.
Oh and my PT8 LE is registrated at Avid.

Thanks,
David
Hi,

There's nothing to stop you using the hardware serial if the unit is broken or stolen it doesn't matter, as long as you are the legit owner!!!! although i doubt the registration card has the hardware serial on it!!!! most likely just the registration code or product code, but not the serial. that would be on the unit or the shipping box.

If you are the legit owner of a hardware and use the serial! then someone else tries to use it? it won't work and if the unit has been stolen then Avid can access the details of who's trying the use it.

I'm not sure if Avid have put a mechanism in place to track all the serials! but i can see this being necessary at some point, as technically everyone's serial is worth quite a bit of money!!!! so its possible for someone to take note of your serial and use it to get a cheap purchase

People who work at studios? visit studios, repair centers etc they can all access the serials and core card serial etc.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.