View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran5000 View Post
I was using the SPDIF method but the internal clock of the Eleven Rack is set at 48khz and this overrides my DAW - this is not changeable within the ER which is really rubbish because it now means I have to buy leads going the other way and another convertor.

I have admit there's some real annoyances with this unit - I might have to just go analogue and forget the USB / digital route - it's about time I stopped messing about with the damn thing and started recording!!!
I would go digital on these links, makes a lot more sense than unneeded rounds of A/D and D/A conversion, especially if you ever want to reamp.

You should be able to do this with a unidirectional digital audio link, but you won't have any reamp ability. I am willing to bet you just had something very simple setup wrong. The Eleven rack should have been set to clock internal. The Babyface set to clock from its optical input and the DAW set to clock from the Babyface. The Babyface and Daw session may still need their clock rates manually set to the same rate as the Eleven Rack.... this can especially be true if your DAW is using WDM or asio4all drivers (which use WDM drivers) (which is one reason providing detail about OS and software versions when reporting problems might have gotten you better help from folks).

Carefully read all three product manuals where they talk about clocking. If the Eleven Rack is set to clock internally and only connected to another box via its digital audio output you should be able to change its clock rate. I am guessing you simply had the Eleven Rack connected to the computer via a USB cable while doing this even if you were not using that USB link, In which case the Eleven Rack is *not* in stand alone mode and you cannot set the clock rate from the front panel knob. If so just unplug that USB cable and you should be off and running (that always works for me) if not try rebooting the Eleven Rack without the USB cable attached.

Very clear descriptions of exactly what is connected to what and when might have helped somebody spot this for you several problem reporting threads ago.

Internal and external clocking stuff should really just work, it's so widely used in all these products. This is one of those times you probably just need the confidence to assume all the problems are things you are doing wrong and however frustrating it is to just keep spending time plowing through testing things....

Darryl