View Single Post
Old 01-03-2002, 09:07 AM

Default Re: New Midiman USB Driver doesn\'t work! Watch Out!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>WRT new drivers, please remember, if it's not broke, don't fix it!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole story goes like this: I had that USB problem and read the post with the fix. One guy writes he had updated his driver to Version 1.5 (sic!). So I checked the midiman site and downloaded the latest driver (thought couldn't be bad, but it was this time), though it was 1.09.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> I think people should very carefully consider the use of USB devices in the DAW's. USB is both a CPU intensive technology as well as, by nature, a polled technology. It's not very effeicient in it's use of PC resources. All bad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems like all the new Interfaces are USB (the AMT/Unitor can be used with parallel port, too though (or is it serial?)). So which one should be used with PT. I think there is no special technology with PT like Emagic (AMT) and Steinberg have. I think there is one for Motu, too. What MIDI interfaces are you guys using? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]