View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 03:01 PM

Default Re: PT ran out of CPU power. AAE-9173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Hi jack

Textedit can easilly insert invalid hidden characters into files, are you trying to run that file as a shell script or copy and paste from it? If so I'd avoid it and just type the commands into terminal, or write a shell script file in a text editor like vi/vim.

If it's not garbage characters then my next guess would be simply the shell PATH is not picking up the command.

Type

$ sudo which launchtrl

to see if your admin account can even find launchtrl. If it can't then you can use the full file path "/bin/launchctrl"

lauchctrl lives in /bin which should be near the start of the your PATH. Something like /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin ... etc.

----

BTW disabling spindump removes some error logging/dump capability. It's not a rare thing to do, several other software vendors and folklore suggests doing that... so worth trying. But if it does not help I'd probably turn it back on. Not exactly sure the dumps ever help Avid, but it may help other vendors/developers.
Thanks for the help. Manually entering the commands worked. I was using copy/paste from TextEdit and not a shell script. So you were right about possible bad characters.

QAPLA!