View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Maximum number of tracks already exist for the current ProTools configuration

My understanding of the article is that this will be the limit if the voice count on the HDX cards stays at 256 each. Later in the article, they are still talking about 1152 voices for HDX3:

Later in the interview, Mike asked Francois about Avid taking a little bit longer to hopefully bottom out the issues to enable HDX systems to be able to offer 384 voices with an HDX1 card through to 1152 voices for an HDX3?

“I think hopefully is the term. That is absolutely the course of action we're taking. So, we've already started work on figuring out what the issue is and eliminating those 15% streaming errors and our goal is to provide 384 voices per HDX card and giving you all the way up to 1152 [voices on an HDX3 system]. Now there is still a slight sliver of uncertainty from our engineering department. I am pretty confident it feels to me like we are going to achieve this, but my engineering director is basically saying don't say it's going to happen because I want to leave no stone unturned. So, over the course of the next couple of months I think we'll have better visibility on what will happen but that's definitely our objective.”