View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 04:43 AM

Default Re: MBox2 Pro with Mojave

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your reply....Yes I searched all over the forum and nothing matched my scenario with an MBox2 Pro running Mojave and 2018.10.0 PT. Which is why I posted.

I am indeed aware that support for these boxes ended long ago. But as you know, it doesn't always mean that they won't work. Avid really would prefer you to to spend more money and upgrade whenever possible.

I have another interface - an Edirol UA101. Initially that wasn't working either and Roland were saying that I needed a new interface. However I was not to be thwarted and after reading around and talking to apple help I discovered what I was looking for. Mojave Have SIP - System Integrity Protection (Rootless) enabled - this may be a new thing - but if you start up in recovery mode and go to terminal and disable it and THEN install the drivers, then it worked for this unit.
However it did not work for the MBOX2 Pro. So I was just clutching at straws here and hoping someone had tried something similar, and with some success.

I know about the enabling of the mic input in security. But I need to get the mac to recognise the interface first. I'm not sure I understand what "kextstat-l" is - can you explain that please?

Yes, of course I made back ups. I would never dream of upgrading the OS without doing so

Thanks for your help