View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Using Zoom meeting and screen sharing PT audio

I'm trying to stream audio output of Pro Tools and a live mic to Zoom for teaching purposes. When I set the Zoom Audio Device as the playback engine in PT, I get told it doesn't support a samplerate of 44.1khz.

I've done these teaching streams with other DAWs before and used a CoreAudio Multi-Output device and soundflower (or Blackhole) to route audio simultaneously to my headphones (via my interface) and the stream. I'd also use LineIn to send the live mic to Soundflower so it goes out to the stream, and use the Audient software mixer to route the mic signal back to my headphones for monitoring. I don't seem to be able to do this with PT, as using the multi output device just gives me garbled audio.

Anyone running a setup like this at the moment? Would love to hear how you've reached a solution.

THank you!

Edit : Made a 48khz session and set PT to ZoomAudioDevice playback engine. Did a test meeting, but on the recording there's no audio from PT.

Edit 2 : Loopback was still operating in the background and intercepting the audio stream. Uninstalled it and it's working fine now, but the ZoomAudioDevice stuff sounds heavily limited. I was able to use the PT Aggregate Device to send audio to both my speakers and soundflower, and set the mic input in Zoom to that, and it works well if you've got original audio and stereo sound enabled. It's all very frustrating though.

Last edited by A Chapman; 04-06-2020 at 06:18 AM.