View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Am I a sick person?? Actually like working with midi in Pro tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
The only other DAWs I have tried working midi is Reason and Studio One 3 (one project on the trial version)

Although I like Reasons instruments and use it all the time Rewired to PT the editing workflow in Reason is archaic and clunky.

Studio One was a decent workflow (with a couple of features that were great) but overall I did not find it strikingly better than PT .
Both programs as well as Reaper when I tried it, made me realize how much I rely on the PT multi tool, which I imagine is one of the best DAW features every dreamed up
I've used Reason since the first version, (when PT didn't have rewire, and you had to use a midi loopback device and a second soundcard to sync it to PT) and it's a great sound source. But the MIDI sequencer never attracted me. You must have used an earlier version of Studio One, because it now has a smart tool just like PT. I rewired Reaper to PT for a while to get more CPU mileage with VI's, but I never went farther than that because I found the MIDI / Rewire routing incredibly complicated. Maybe working with midi in Reaper would have been easier, but the routing completely discouraged me.