View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whole note View Post
Since I would be upgrading to 12.6, that means I could never go back to 10+11+12, as I could potentially - want to or need to go back - if 12.6 had some bugs and if I didn't renew my yearly subscription maintenance plan with Avid. My subscription ends very soon.
Guessing you might not have checked your iLok account yet - you'll see that a Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) was deposited on 9/27. As the bundle's name suggests, that bundle contains licenses for Pro Tools 10+11+12 as well as a Pro Tools Perpetual license which authorizes 12.6. So you are covered for all the same 'legacy' versions that your existing bundle provides.

And to clarify... 'subscription' refers to licensing but you have a perpetual license, so whether you renew your Upgrade Plan or not either bundle will continue to work.

Since the new bundle simply adds 12.6 (and its licenses are still perpetual) you won't lose anything by completing the upgrade. Just need to activate the new bundle (and surrender the old one) in iLok License Manager.