View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Highly disturbing

My controller is powered by USB off the computer which is how my MIDI data is being sent.
My Roland sound module runs on AC power supply. Here's the thing - I bought the last one in stock (they don't make these anymore) and nothing came with it, not even a power supply so I had to buy one from Radioshack, one of those big switchable ones. It carries 800 mA while the module calls for only 430 but it's my understanding that it's okay to have more mA than needed although I could definitely be wrong. One thing I just noticed is that the voltage is supposed to be 9V but somehow the power supply accidentally got switched to 12V. Hmm. I wonder how long ago that happened? In any case I've been using this unit for nearly three years any it's worked fine up until now.

I don't think I could be getting information into PT with Thru MIDI because the MIDI cable connected to the controller is coming out of a jack that's clearly marked "Out" and its other end is connected to a jack on the module clearly labeled "In." The only thing coming out from the faulty module is audio, going into the audio inputs of the Mobo. Now, the controller is sending information out to the computer via USB but it's just keystrokes. I don't think there's anything wrong with the controller.

Who knows?