View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Highly disturbing

So I've got this multi-layered session playing with one little sequenced part that's playing off of my Roland JV-1010 when one of the notes gets stuck. I stop the session and I can't get the stuck MIDI note to stop so I try to turn down the channel but for some reason I can't move ANY of the faders in the mix window. The session isn't frozen, just all of the faders. I close the session and attempt to reopen it when I get this -> 'The "Open Session" command could not be completed because: an assertion occurred in "d:\code\vobs\AlturaPorts\PT4_App\Mdie\Mdie_Timing Service.cpp", line 217.'
Then I attempt to close Pro Tools and I get this -> 'The "Close" command could not be completed because: an assertion occurred in yada yada yada...
So I manually switch off my computer, relaunch PT, and then open my session back up but, BOOM!, I've lost everything but the drum tracks! Whoa. Luckily I had saved a copy of the session and I was able to import all the lost tracks except for ones I had just recorded even though I had been continually saving all throughout the recording.
After rerecording the two tracks that I did end up losing I'm playing back and the whole damn thing starts over. MIDI note gets stuck and it's deja vu from there. Except this time, fortunately, I didn't lose anything.
But I'm quite concerned about this problem that seems to be caused by the MIDI application somehow.
I should mention another weird thing that started happening with my JV-1010 last night. Basically it's decided that it doesn't want to play in tune anymore. It plays everything back a quarter step flat. I even tried fine tuning it in edit mode but it just goes right back to playing flat. Sometimes it will even do this warbly thing, like the sound of batteries in your tape player going dead. So I'm wondering if this could possibly have anything to do with it, although it doesn't seem likely because the Roland isn't connected directly to the computer or to my Mobo. I've got USB to a keyboard controller with MIDI out from that to the Roland and then audio from that into the Mobo.
Got any ideas about this?