View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Help Converting .ptx to .ptf

I have sessions that need converting as well! Can anyone help??

On a related note...
I’m concerned there’s a lot of old timers like me using legacy Pro Tools software and folks will keep running into this issue of trying to open a newer session on an older machine. I’d like to start a database/shared folder of people able to convert Pro Tools .ptx files and people in need of files converted. Here’s my plan, I have a folder here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvUJM3nvi2EegcVH...T8qzA?e=rw8whv
That is meant to be a public folder and repository for files that need to be converted. In it are 2 files, a README text with instructions on how to use the shared folder, and a spread sheet database for listing people willing to be contacted for converting files. My thought is that people who are able to convert .ptx files can list contact information in the database and then people in need can reach out to people on the list and coordinate sharing files. The person that needs files converted would create a folder and upload the session files, and the person doing the converting would upload the converted sessions to the same folder. I even have a column in the database for Venmo links so people doing conversions can get cash donated to them for the effort :) Is this a crazy idea? Would anyone be interested in joining the effort?