View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Heads-up on Plugin Alliance SSL E channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I just posted on this same subject over on GS. Here's what I wrote there:
"I'm puzzled myself. I added up my purchases over the last calendar year and they total $384.80 which firmly puts me in the $50/month club. Even if I discount the $49 I spent on getting the E channel in June that still puts me over the $300 level. Just reinforces what I wrote previously here. And that leaves me with a $25 July voucher I have zero use for (not with my CFO - aka The Wife - watching over my shoulder)."

So I'd suggest adding up your expenditures over the last year. You may be surprised what comes up. And the amounts include the voucher value; IOW what I ended paying through PayPal. I've seen this happen last year with lower voucher amounts.

The fellow I replied to over on GS had an expenditure that put him over the $600 mark and he only got a $50 voucher and NOT the $75 one so I'm sticking with what I wrote about PA lowering the voucher amounts because of this special deal.

edit for correction:
I typed things wrong and meant to say I added up everything I purchased from this time last year until now.
Stick with whatever you like, but for the record...
*I did calculate my spend at PIA. As most of the $ amount was loaded to the last few months, the voucher amount is unsurprisingly correct.
*I wrote to PIA Sales Support and asked for clarification of the wording "in the last year". I quote the response, with permission -

"Thanks for contacting support.

Our system calculates voucher based upon the 12 months previous spend. So for example, in calculating July 2018 vouchers the system takes into account the purchases made June 2017-June 2018. The system does often require 1-2 months to move members in and out of voucher tiers.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Sade
The Plugin Alliance Support Team"

I suggest that you check your spend dates for June 2017 - June 2018 and see if you're still at the level you expected to be. If you're not getting that to which you're entitled per above, I suggest you contact PIA Sales Support.

This information may be helpful in creating a PIA spending strategy. If one is in love with the increased voucher amounts, it's advisable to load up some expenditures toward the end of the trailing 12 month period.

I did not explicitly ask the question, but as PIA publishes the spend amounts which qualify for each voucher category via monthly emails, it argues against their "adjusting" the voucher qualifications randomly or in conjunction with other marketing tactics without prior announcement. However IANAL.

You're welcome, Jack and you can probably leverage the information with the CFO.