View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 06:10 PM

Default Re: MIDI assignment bug remains

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
ANY company out there have first level support that only follows procedure. And where their script reading ends they escalate to second level support where they can actually think. Also when they cannot resolve it they escalate to third level support which must get the job done. Obviously not all problems can be solved so it is the L3 that can make the case for Engineering for a bug fix.

Fail to understand this and you can very well badmouth every company out there.
But they don't have to be obstinant about saying they don't know and will push it up a level. It's worse than pulling teeth to get a first level tech support person to push things further up the chain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Let's see what happens with MIDI 2.0
Hell Avid can't even get MIDI 1.0 working right - what makes you think they'll get 2.0 right (out of the gate)? I'll be pushing up daisies before they get MIDI straightened out. MIDI 2.0 has been talked about for well over a decade if not longer. Even Dave Smith has admitted the failings of the original MIDI spec.

I'd love to take advantage of all the neat things in PT 2020.3 but with the continued MIDI issues that happened with every release after 2019.6 I've given up hope. And I'm talking about issues that Avid tech support can repro

QAPLA!