View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 07:56 AM

Default Re: PC Build.. Will this work?

Now THAT is what i'm talking about... incredibly helpful response! Thank you so much!

As far as HDs, I'm not too concerned about too much space, but will definitely be getting 2 anyway. My record drive doesn't have to be too big anyway, because I have almost 2 TB of external storage that I transfer to when I'm not actively working on a session.
My old PC was a '02 Gateway (yes! it has lasted me this long, and I STILL record/mix on it, believe it or not.. pretty impressive) P4 2.2 GHz, 1 GB ram.
As far as video card is concerned, I was waiting to budget it until I got everything else squared away.
My plan is try to keep things as budget friendly as possible for now (saving for a move from ME to Austin, TX in the fall) so do you think if I got that core2 now it would suit me fine until I had more money to blow and could upgrade it to a quad? The biggest reason I want to build my own is for upgrade options and to be able to buy what I NEED now, and be able to buy what i WANT later .
And one last thing.. the power supply.. basically the same question as the core2 question above... will it do for now? Or will I be kickign myself when I get it all put together?
The beauty is that I'm so used to just printing VIs that it's not going to kill me to not be able to go crazy with them. My biggest concern is verb/delay. I love me some delay...

Sorry if that was incredibly long-winded, and thank you again for the help so far!

Cory