View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Sample Rounding Issue!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innesireinar View Post
A couple of years ago, during the 2018.xxx era, I spent some days with Avid tech support sending them many sessions, some created with the 2018, some with pt11 at many different tempo and SR. They also stated that on the 2018 the bug was there while on pt11 not. I'm talking about midi stuff, especially when move/copy clips by alt-drag. We found that the only condition where this bug didn't happen was on a session at 48KHz 125bpm where every tick matched to a integer sample. They told me that they would have passed this to the tech staff. Nothing happened and after 2 years this bug is still here. I hope you will have better luck (for you and for all of us). It would be great to share this with you (and other). I can send you the same sessions that I sent them in the past (that I still have). But for this test you need also pt11 installed.
I was not aware it's been around for that long. I'm assuming the issue was introduced in PT12 which came out in 2015.

I cannot use PT11 but that would have been very helpful. I might need your help if you are willing to provide any gifs for comparisons between PT11 and PT12 and above.

Are gifs allowed on this forum? Either I will be creating short gifs of the issue to go along with my findings and workarounds.
Apogee Symphony IO mkii