View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 12:55 PM

Post Sonar Convert Needs Help!!!

Hello everyone,

I recently switched from Sonar X1 / 8.5.3 to Pro Tools 9. I'm finding the learning curve a little steeper than I'm used to, but I know that in the end I'll be happy with Pro Tools.

Having said that, I am having difficulty trying to perform a task in Pro Tools that was quite simple in Sonar, and I just can't seem to figure it out on my own. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I usually record hard rock / metal music which entails tracking the rhythm guitar usually at least 4 times for that fat "wall of guitars" sound. When micing up an amp it's no problem, I'd just record several audio tracks. However, when using Amplitube 3 it's a bit of a different story.

In Sonar I would set up an audio track with an instance of Amplitube 3, then record the take. Then I would use the "Bounce to track" feature. This would create a new audio track with the amplitube processing embedded, but without the Amplitube plugin in the FX bin. I'd repeat this process until I was happy with the overall guitar sound. I found this a great way to record multiple passes without having to set up an audio track with Amplitube in the FX bin every time. Also, having only a single instance of Amplitube generated much less latency than setting up multiple tracks/instances of Amplitube.

My question is; how do I do this in pro tools?? Is it possible? I'm still working my way through the Groove3 Pro Tools 9 video, so pardon me if it's plainly obvious. Thanks in advance for the help.

D