Thread: for UIOP
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2002, 10:19 AM

Default for UIOP

I got the DKFH cd and the battery standalone. i ended up having to reinstall my entire system(kept crashing) and went back to PTLEv5.1.1 (was using the 32 track beta.)
Everything is working great via direct connect. and I got my keyboard working in protools realtime for playing live and recording the battery sounds.
so far so good but I have a few questions for you.
1) what version of Protools are you using and on what speed mac are you on? will battery work with the 32track beta.
2) When I load the DKFH and play around for a while then quit my computer locks up. have you had this experience? smaller kits work. so do you use the entire set or just load the drums you think you'll need? do you layer the drums in a cell or just use velocity (my keyboard has velocity sensitive keys)
3) what memory allocations do you have set for Battery PTLE and DAE?
4) what do you use for creating drum midi tracks? what input device? (i also have a DR5 drum machine)
how are you bussing midi? I found the IAC bus kept crashing. now everything is on channel 1(?) via Oxygen 8 keyboard. It's working but I was wondering if this is the right way.....?
I guess I'm basically looking for some ideas on how you make drum tracks with this setup since you have used this.
thanks again for your recomendations, this was exactly what I'm looking for. and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

I'm on a g4 450/1 gig of ram/ dedicated audio drive(dkfh is on this)

Jeff