View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Re: PROBLEM->M-POWERED PT W/ FIREWIRE 410 HELP PLE

Hey. I'm new to the forum, but not to PT and it's features. I am currently running and nearly brand new iMac G5 w/ OS X Tiger ver. 10.4.2 and 1.5 GB of RAM. I have installed PT M-Powered 7.1 and I'm using a M-Audio Firewire 410 w/ appropriate drivers. I've been slowly chugging through a few sessions, checking the forum for tips and solutions to the problems I've been having. I have officially reached the point where I know something is wrong, and it's not my system. I started a new session the other day, and after tracking 1 stereo audio track w/ BF76 plug-in, and CPU overload messages started showing up. I can't recall what specific problem codes it's giving me, but the two different ones are both regarding a low CPU limit and buffer size. I'm using 85% CPU and 512 sample buffer on level 2 playback buffer. I've tried everything suggested on the forums regarding reinstalling, trashing prefs., repairing permissions, blah, blah, blah. Nothing works. I'm starting to lose faith in this product and it's benefits. Help please.