View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Recording with vintage equipment -Please Help-

Quote:
Originally Posted by N'dgame View Post
Thank you!

I had not heard of Pro Tools 101 but it is certainly a start. My primary goal is to establish a setup where I can basically play at the synth and tap at my drum machine, until I have a recording of what I'm hearing in my head. If there are any specific tutorials/resources you know that can assist me, I would welcome them!
The PT101 courseware book is one of those gems out there that will take a newbie through the steps to get started recording with PT. One of the assumptions it makes is that the reader knows computer operations and that's something with PT you really should be up on and not just computer basics either. I don't know if the book has been update over the years but the info is still good. Barnes & Noble or Amazon should have it. Also make Google and YouTube your friends in your education.

There are also books out there on MIDI if you want to really dig into that part. Important to understand about MIDI is it's not sound but digital messages like note ons, volume, pitch bend, etc. So what you see in meter moves in PT for a MIDI or instrument track is not sound.

QAPLA!