View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 AM

Default Re: ASIO Problems after installing Pro Tools LE 8?

I feel you Devils. I was gonna try all the steps you mentioned. But after I reinstalled Ableton Live and that didnt fix it, I figured it was just a ASIO bug.

It looks Digi dropped the ball a little bit on this one. Yes, these programs work fine thru rewire in PT8. But they cant access the ASIO driver. It used to be in PT7.4 that I had to run these programs as Administrator, or you would get the same message. Now using PT8, that doesnt even work anymore.

Oh and Shea, I tried that as well. Disabling UAC does nothing. I even turned off DEP. Nothing seems to allow you to use Digi ASIO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the board so sorry if something similar has been asked before but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Basically, since I installed PT 8, my mbox works fine in pro tools and the new version is great, however when I try and use the mbox as an asio device in any other program (reason, FL studio, traktor and some others) it doesn't work and the programs come up with error messages. I never had this problem before upgrading to 8 from 7.4.

I've tried everything to resolve it I can think of: uninstalled 8, reinstalled 7.4, done a system restore, installed the asio drivers again, installed the audio drivers again. But none of this has worked and I've run out of ideas.

Also the asio drivers do seem to be present in the right folder and Reason etc show "asio digidesign driver" in the audio section but they always have a X or similar next to it.

Any help is really appreciated since I now can't access thousands of dollars worth of software with my mbox but can with my audigy soundcard (which I don't want to have to use for obvious reasons).